STUDENT FEES AND POLICIES 2023
Chinese version: Click Here for Google Doc
1. PREPAID PACKAGES: All lessons are prepaid in increments of 2, 4, 12, or 20 lesson options. Savings increase with the bigger packages. See here for our package prices.
2. A LATE FEE of $10 per month per type of lesson is charged for any overdue tuition.
3. PAYMENT METHODS: A customer may keep a credit card on file to activate automatic payment for any 2x or 4x lesson package. The customer may choose to deactivate automatic payment and call or text our front desk to charge before a late fee is applied.
4. Cancellation/Makeup Lessons: Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance can not be refunded or rescheduled. All cancellations including requests NOT made before 24 hours of the lesson must be made via email or texted directly to 1) your personal instructor AND 2) NMS front desk (emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org or Text message at 626-708-0122). Emergency situations must be approved of by NMS front desk in order to be made up within the month. Make up lessons will expire at the end of the following month, giving a flexibility time of at least 4 weeks..
5. Vacation & Scheduled Days Off: Students are not charged for vacation or days off, as long as ample notice is given to both instructor and front desk.
5. NMS is open all year round and lessons are assumed to take place on all holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, Christmas day, New Years eve, and New Years day. An instructor may choose to schedule a different day of lessons to make up for those which fall on holidays.
6. Substitute teachers are provided when a student's regular instructor cannot make a lesson. Alternatively, an instructor may agree to giving extra time on other days to make up for the missed lesson. If a student declines the substitute teacher option, they should arrange a make-up lessons with their primary teacher, to be used by the end of the following month.
7. In the event of instructor illness, cancellation, or tardiness, the lesson will be credited or made up to the student by the primary or substitute instructor.
8. Refunds are given for unused lessons in packages, however all discounts are disregarded and lessons revert back to regular prices. Student may opt to transfer package to another member of the family.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I AGREE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND WILL ADHERE TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD MUSIC SCHOOL, INC. FEES AND POLICIES