STUDENT FEES AND POLICIES April 2020
Chinese version: Click Here for Google Doc
1. Semester Packages: NMS operates on a trimester calendar of WINTER/SPRING (20 weeks) SUMMER (12 weeks) and FALL (20 weeks). These are the most highly discounted method of paying. See here for our WINTER/SPRING 20 Lesson package
2. Private Lesson Fees: ALL other lessons will be auto-billed by credit card or prepaid by check or cash. A 4-lesson auto-pay plan which will require a keeping credit card on file, which will be automatically charged after every 4th lesson taken. If there are multiple students in a family or if a student takes multiple types of lessons, each type will be charged separately. We call this the 2A membership.
3. One-time Registration Fee: There is a one-time registration fee of $30.00 for each immediate family. This can be waived if 12 lessons (3 months) or more are bought up front.
4. Cancellation/Makeup Lessons: Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance can not be refunded or rescheduled. All cancellations including requests NOT made before 24 hours of the lesson must be made via email or texted directly to 1) your personal instructor AND 2) NMS front desk (emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org or Text message at 626-708-0122). Emergency situations must be approved of by NMS front desk in order to be made up within the month. Lessons will expire at the end of the month.
5. Vacation & Scheduled Days Off: An autopay member student may avoid paying for vacation days off if arranged before the beginning of each month. Send an emailed request to email@example.com before the beginning of the month to have your account placed on hold for those days, and credit given so that a lesser amount is debited for the upcoming month. If student has already paid for the month, and as long as there is 24 hour notice given both to the instructor and email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or text sent to 626-708-0122, they will be given a credit for the next month and charged less on their autopay for the following month.
6. NMS is open all year round and lessons are assumed to take place on all holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, Christmas day, New Years eve, and New Years day. An instructor may choose to schedule a different day of lessons to make up for those which fall on holidays.
7. Substitute teachers are provided when a student's regular instructor cannot make a lesson. Alternatively, an instructor may agree to giving extra time on other days to make up for the missed lesson. If a student declines the substitute teacher option, they have the following options: 1) arrange make up lessons with primary teacher, to be used within the month, 2) pay for single lessons without a promised time slot.
8. Instructor foibles: In the event of instructor illness, cancellation, or tardiness, the lesson will be credited or made up to the student by the primary or substitute instructor.
9. Checks Returned Unpaid to NMS: Bounced checks incur a fee of $30.
10. Termination of Agreement If students plan on terminating or suspending their lessons, they must give one week notice to the instructor and to the NMS staff.
11. Students and parents are asked to initial consent waiver allowing NMS to the use of any videos or photos taken at NMS activities for social media/advertising purposes.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I AGREE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND WILL ADHERE TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD MUSIC SCHOOL, INC. FEES AND POLICIES