While all of our lessons will be accessible online as before, Neighborhood Music will have a soft launch for just a small number of students and teachers who would prefer live in-person lessons.
1) plexiglass panels at front desk and in rooms to separate teacher from student
2) mirrors on walls to still communicate face to face
3) donning face masks mandatory on premises except in a vocal or wind instrument lesson.
4) face shields can be worn by instructors and made available for students to purchase
5) front door one way IN, back door one way OUT
6) maximum capacity in small rooms: 3
7) maximum capacity in large room 8 singles or 4 family units
8) meticulous cleaning of keyboard by teachers between lessons
9) additional twice or more daily cleaning of bathrooms, public handles, knobs
10) A/C HVAC >1 micron bacterial air filtration being installed (not complete)
11) health monitor on site to enforce safety protocol
Any missed lesson because of schedule conflict or sickness can be made up online. Forgetting to show up at a lesson will still not be refundable or made up.
Here are the strictest guidelines for retail and rentals from the COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER OF THE HEALTH OFFICER, which we measure up to.
Attached is our instructor employee protocol document for facilities usage at NMS: Employee Health Protocol